Friday, July 14, 2006

Another Friday

My Grandma went in for a massive surgery Wednesday. That's her. This was taken last Monday before the surgery. The doctors took a tumor the size of a quarter out of the upper lobe of her left lung. Tested it and found it to be cancerous. They removed the entire upper lobe (which luckily is the smallest lobe of the lungs) and tested other parts of her for cancer. Everything came back negative... which is GREAT. I spoke to "Granny" yesterday and she says she is feeling fine. The day after surgery she was already out of her bed and pacing the room looking to get home to her cucumbers, basil, garlic and beloved flowers... Doctors say it will be at least a week before she can leave. I'm so happy everything went well.

I'm finally out of my funk... thanks to granny's recovery. This weekend I have no big plans. My grandma said not to come and see her, so except for doing some laundry and staying cool indoors I'm doing nothing. We are supposed to have a heat wave with HIGH humidity. So I plan on staying indoors in the air condition ALL weekend.

I'll probably take out my camera and try and get creative. Because of the humidity the clarity of the air will be zero, so I probably wont be able to get many city shots from my window. no biggie... I'll just shoot things around the house and spend some time on ebay looking for things I don't need... things to just add to the clutter that I call my life.

so I hope y'all have a good weekend and if you live in the tri-state area, stay cool.

1 comment:

RockO said...

good deal Party for Granni...and no smoking around her!