Friday, July 07, 2006

Friday Ramblings

It's Friday. I have plans to go to the Jersey Shore this weekend. Haven't decided if I'm leaving tonight or tomorrow morning... Honestly? I'll probably leave tomorrow morning. I'm thinking about leaving at like 4 am so I can be there for sunrise... Get some shots, and then head over to my grandma house for breakfast... Now, I know I probably wont do that. I know I'll probably just leave tomorrow around 8 and get there and go to granny's house... but I have good intentions... and we all know where that leads, that leads to pavement on THE road that leads to H-E-L-L. But they probably aren't working on it this weekend, cause y'know the government is shut down so they can't work... (see, I'm eluding to the fact the New Jersey is very much like Hell.)

Anyway... While driving home
e from work yesterday I noticed the clarity of the atmosphere (or sky) and I noticed the basically half moon... and I noticed the lack of clouds... and I thought, when I get home the 2nd thing I'm doing is setting up the camera with the monster lens and taking shots of the moon... the first thing I'm doing is going to the bathroom... so I did those things, in that order, and here's the best pic I could get of the moon... as soon as I had everything set up, wouldn't y'know it... clouds rolled across the moon and I couldn't get the clear shot I was going for... but whatever. it looks good... enough.

I then switched to my kit lens... 18-70mm, and took some shots of the city. I wasn't 100% satisfied with any of the shots, but I chalk that one up to my Funk. Everything looked a little too grainy, or a little too blurry, or a little too dark, or a little too not perfect... and the view was absolutely amazing too.



But the purpose of this post was to discuss my daydreams whilst taking the shots of the moon... I couldn't help but think about space and the time continuum... well just space... and other planets... and how cool it would be if man kind could just make it through these terrible days we are going through now, and somehow manage to start settling other planets... after the cure disease and hunger,and poverty, etc... its a long way off but I have faith that it is possible... IF WE CAN JUST STOP KILLING OURSELVES - both in wars and at home...

I can't understand where all this intolerance and hatred comes from.
I mean yeah I have anger and hatred but I don't let it affect my respectfulness of other people, complete strangers... the only time I'm disrespectful, is when someone disrespect me. If we all lived by the golden rule, we'd all be a lot happier and healthier... and a lot closer to the utopian dream I have in my head.

1 comment:

RockO said...

now i have the song, "shiney happy people holding hands" in my head.

glad you made that clear that you went to the bathroom first and THEN took the shots...course..it would have been a very interesting post if you would have done it the other way around.

btw...gREAT SHOTS!