Thursday, July 06, 2006

Funk


I've been in one of my "funks" lately. Brought on by thinking to much, working too hard, and not playing hard enough. But mostly because of thinking too much. I bought all these new toys for my camera and then suddenly I'm all "camera'd out".

I'm going away this weekend to see my grandma, hopefully that will lift my spirits. Plus to top it all off I'm taking Monday off of work. So that will definitely help... AND the boss will be off next week, so again, more helpful things... What all that really boils down to is this: I'll have a four day week and I'll feel some sort of "worth" at the office. Which should translate into a much easier time playing with all my new toys.

The new toys I got are:
1) a fisheye lens - which I fell in love with and have asked it for it's hand in marriage. I'm still waiting for a response.

2) a Lens Baby (http://www.lensbabies.com) - super cool little lens. totally manual, down to actually physically having to change the aperture. the only in camera change you can make is the shutter speed. It's going to take some time to learn how to use this properly. Every shot I've taken with it has been okay at best. I plan on doing a little photo shoot of my granny this weekend with it.

3) circular polarizing filters for my two "normal" lenseseseseses.... and that totally rocks my socks and all that junk.

I hope you all had a fantabulous 4th of July... mine was nice and relaxing.... just took pictures of all the fireworks...

this is just one. I used the fisheye for it, but I also have some non-fisheye shots. which I posted in one of my buzznet galleries.

1 comment:

RockO said...

you're in a post shopping funk, and the only way to get out of it is to ....hmmm....just get out of it.

have fun at grandmas!!! i love the buzznet photos :)))